Do you have to board a plane to see family this year? If so, what will you be bringing with you for your trip? Here is my go-to list of must haves for a plane ride:
- Magazines – Trashy (People or Us), home/ life (Real Simple), or cooking (Bon Appétit) work wonders to distract me from recycled air, bumpy turbulence, and tight quarters.
- Music – An iPod, mp3 player, or mix tapes of some kind are an absolute must.
- Reading – For longer flights, I need more serious reading by the time I finish flipping through my mags.
- Warmth – I always, ALWAYS recommend packing a sweater (and socks if you’re serious) on a plane. It is absolutely impossible to find a common temperature for that many people, so it seems that they err on the side of frigid.
- Security – I don’t actually have a security type item. I wanted to include this on the list because I have a friend that has to bring her “feely” that she rubs between her fingers as the plane is taking off and landing. If you’re a nervous flyer, this would be absolutely necessary.
(Photo taken by my friend Sarah, as we were leaving for our Euro Trip 2012)