This retrospection got me thinking, what would I tell my 18 year old self, if I could? Would I be super vague or would I give away all the details? Would I instruct myself to do things differently or would I let things play out the way they have. If I'm completely honest, there are definitely some surprises that I would want to warn my past self about. I have some regrets and have made some mistakes that I would like to take back. Otherwise, I like to think I would be vague in order for myself to grow through my experiences. Here is what I've decided on...
- Be a better friend and visit Julie down in SLO at least once a semester.
- Marry Robbie, it's the right choice.
- Don't compare yourself, your life, your marriage, or your decisions to anyone else.
- Finish school, you won't regret it*.
- Don't take the first option that comes your way, either make sure it's something you'll love or see what else is available.
(Photos taken at my high school graduation in 2005)
*I did graduate with a BA, but I seriously considered leaving school in 2008.